Sunday, September 15, 2013

Log #1: scheduling

Lately I've been trying to get into a schedule. 
That's right. A schedule. Routine. One of those things where you wake up in the morning and say to yourself, "Okay, I have to do at last a dozen things in a particular order today. Read the Bible. Pray. Breakfast. Coffee. Study. Coffee. Teach lessons. Walk three miles. Coffee. Help mom with dinner. Coffee. Sweep the music room and organize 100 loose sheets of music. Coffee."
This is just a rough outline of what a normal day in my life looks like, give or take one or two details (like breakfast and sweeping). But in all seriousness, I've been benefited greatly from this practice. Even though I'm a spontaneous person by nature and loathe being tied down to tight schedules (not that this is tight), it has given me incentive and motivation to ACTUALLY finish every task I intend to do. Often my intentions are merely nice ideas. "I need to organize my sheet music" will run through my mind at least as many times as there are loose sheets, unless I decide with great intentionally and emphasis that I will get to this, and soon. So anyway, I trust this resolve to scheduling will last longer than the others, because I've committed it to a lot of prayer and Spirit guidance. And so far I start each morning with this awesome fresh perspective and incentive to get everything done. It's been amazing, in a word. More details on my success (or lack thereof) later.

No comments:

Post a Comment